RE: [council] Some initial reactions from the ccNSO on the GNSO's message to Board regarding IDN TLDs

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Some initial reactions from the ccNSO on the GNSO's message to Board regarding IDN TLDs
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:46:07 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Both ideas sound good to me.

With regard to the liaison idea, one of the things we should probably
start thinking about is whether the GNSO liaison to the ccNSO should be
a GNSO Councilor or not.  On the one hand it seems like it would be
easiest if our liaison was selected from one of the Councilors.  But
during in-person meetings at ICANN regional meetings, GNSO meetings
typically conflict with ccNSO meetings; conflicts could also happen for
teleconference meetings. In cases like that it might be desirable to
have a liaison who was not a Council voting member but who could
participate as an observer in all GNSO meetings when there is not a
conflict.  Obviously, this issue needs a lot more thought and discussion
but thought it might be helpful to start it off.

Chuck