RE: [council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform

  • To: "Gomes,Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:44:43 -0700
  • Cc: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuck, it would be qualified support at best. I am not convinced of the
WG model yet. We have very little experience with it as a primary policy
development mechanism, and what experience we do have I am not that
impressed with. So the proof is in the eating of the pudding.

We need to define how WGs should be structured and operate and then try
it out, and refine as necessary. Until we know that WGs can be
consistently effective I don't see them as any better, or worse, than
the Task Force model.

Tim