RE: [council] Personal concerns about GNSO reponse to ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Issues

  • To: <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Personal concerns about GNSO reponse to ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Issues
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:06:22 -0500
  • Cc: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also think that Avri raises some very important issues that need to be
addressed.  In my opinion, the intent of the WG was not at all
inconsistent with what Avri is suggesting so I believe the wording can
be clarified, but we may need to form a subgroup of the Council to do
some additional work.  I suggest we take steps to do that in today's
meeting.

I do have one gripe though.  Why weren't these concerns communicated in
L.A. or sooner?  I firmly believe that it is perfectly acceptable and in
fact needed for the chair to provide personal input as long as it is
identified as personal input.  Not doing that, leads to delayed
completion of our work as we see in this case.  I hope that we won't
repeat this in the future.  In my opinion it is always better to raise
concerns as early as possible in the process to maximize the use of our
time.

Chuck Gomes