[council] Regarding GA list

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Regarding GA list
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:51:04 +1000
  • Cc: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

> One small point of clarification - there is no General
> Assembly (GA) of
> the GNSO. There is only a mailing list that was used by the
> former GA of
> the DNSO which was not shut down when the DNSO was reformed into the
> GNSO (at which time the General Assembly was eliminated/not carried
> forward).

That is my understanding also.

I recall at the time the GNSO was created that as chair of the new GNSO
I received a request to maintain the GA mailing list.   This request was
granted, and the GNSO Secretariat has assisted with ensuring the mailing
list operates effectively.

Since that time, many GNSO issues have been discussed on the GA list,
and often summaries of the discussions have been provided by members of
the GA mailing list as input in the various public comment processes of
the GNSO.

It would certainly be reasonable in the context of GNSO reform to review
what mailing lists exist and how to better engage the wider community in
the GNSO policy development,.

Regards
Bruce Tonkin