Re: [council] Re: GNSO Council Agenda

On 8 aug 2007, at 16.18, Ross Rader wrote:

Given that the Whois WG is already working past its deadline, I would like to make sure that we have a clear and explicit agreement on the go forward for this working group.

Well, I thought the idea was for it to end in time for us to discuss its report on 23 August. Philip can report on the status at tomorrow's meeting. Yes, it ran few weeks longer then planned, but nothing like an unspecified time line. the WG had a timeline, slipped a few weeks, and are now finishing up.

The GNSO Council has a history of working on unspecified timelines. We must be more diligent in setting an agenda that moves issues towards closure and not interminable debate.

I thought that was what we were trying to do. Indeed it is one of the reasons I want to schedule a meeting for 23 Aug to go through the report. We will then need to, at another meeting, vote on the recommendations from the task force and the guidelines for OPOC from the WG, and then send the Board Report on its way.

My suggested schedule is:

23 august review and discuss WG report
either 11 Oct or 27 Oct, discuss some more and vote.

I am not sure whether we need to put the whois TF recommendations + whois WG Implementation guidelines out for a public comment period or not. I think that is one of the things we need to decide on 23 Aug (assuming we can hold a meeting then). If we don't we might even be able to bring this to a vote in a second, yet to be discussed, September meeting.

thanks

a.