[council] Nomination of Avri Doria as Chair of GNSO
- To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Nomination of Avri Doria as Chair of GNSO
- From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 08:42:59 -0700
- Organization: IP Justice
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
NCUC nominates Avri Doria to be the next chairperson of the GNSO Council.
Avri has been a dedicated professional for many years working to solve
policy and technical questions related to the Internet.
As a NomComm appointee, Avri is able to remain neutral and will not
automatically promote the agenda of any particular constituency.
Rather, Avri approaches ICANN policy issues with an unbiased perspective
and tries to find a solution that is in the best interests of the
Internet as a whole.
In my view, it is important that the council chair remain unprejudiced
in his or her perspective so we can build consensus within the council
and move forward with our policy work.
Avri's fair-mindedness and depth of knowledge on technical matters,
makes her the perfect candidate to be our next Chair.
Non-Commercial Users Constituency