RE: [council] IGO LIST

Chuck and all,

WIPO-2 is quite specific in its wording

".the registration or use, as a domain name, of the name or abbreviation of
the IGO that has been communicated under Article 6ter of the Paris
Convention"

And, reading that article, one finds the following (just a part of it):

"The provisions of subparagraph (b) of paragraph (1) of this Article shall
apply only to such armorial bearings, flags, other emblems, abbreviations,
and names, of international intergovernmental organizations as the latter
have communicated to the countries of the Union through the intermediary of
the International Bureau."

Accordingly, the International Bureau of WIPO holds a master file which is
searchable on:

http://www.wipo.int/ipdl/en/search/6ter/search-struct.jsp or
http://www.wipo.int/ipdl/en/search/6ter/search-simp.jsp

I haven't been able to squeeze a list out of this site, though.

Best regards

Olof

  _____