From: Ross Rader [mailto:ross@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Mike Rodenbaugh
Cc: GNSO Council
Subject: Re: [council] RN-WG SoW

On 9-Apr-07, at 2:45 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:

I object to re-launching this WG with the objective to 'maintain
the status quo for now'

The onus should always be on making a case for change, otherwise
existing practice should be preserved, unless we explicitly set forth
a deadline to cease all similar practices. Continuing reservations in
one part of the namespace, but ceasing them in others will create
customer confusion - not between strings, but in policy exemptions.
Let's try to avoid creating a patchwork.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen