Re: [council] Regarding dealing with inappropriate behaviour

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Regarding dealing with inappropriate behaviour
  • From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:15:15 -0800
  • Cc: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

     But it also taught me that often the judgement between constructive

Good points Avri,
as technologist, let us be reminded how *'disruptive technologies'* have
contributed to reinventing our economies, the minds set comes with it.

We are also entering into a self-organizing state of affairs globally like
the Ant Empire, where everything works without the Queen Ant calling the
shots, but she still maintains her authority, which is none really.

I hope this was not in itself disruptive on is own;)
Sophia

On 02/03/07, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2 mar 2007, at 12.10, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> For those of us who have been around for awhile, we have definitely
> encountered situtations where group members were not constructive
> but rather were disruptive.

Over two decades in the IETF certainly taught me that.  But it also
taught me that often the judgement between constructive and
disruptive was subjective and a matter of 'political' perspective.
It also taught me that unless there are formal processes and
procedures as well as levels of appeal, the solution is often far
worse then the infraction.

Unfortunately the time spent developing such procedures is also often
far more destructive and time consuming then just learning to ignore
the trolls.

a.