[council] Re: GNSO Council teleconf. WHOIS Task force update,18 January 2007,]]

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Re: GNSO Council teleconf. WHOIS Task force update,18 January 2007,]]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:08:25 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Glen:

I've got a conflicting meeting, so I'm unlikely to be able to attend.
Here's a brief update on the TF activities since Sao Paulo:

- We've briefly discussed two new proposals (one from Avri/Wendy/Robin
to eliminate Whois or remove all non-technical contact information;
and one from Marilyn with ideas to remove port 43 access, limit bulk
Whois, and further study the topic).
- We've had some further discussions about access to data that might
be removed from public view by the TF.  We've begun limiting the
options from the five presented in the preliminary report.
- Public comment period just closed and we've also received several
constituency statements.  We'll be discussing these next week.
- We remain on track for completing our work on February 12 (I hope).

Jordyn

--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN