[council] Election of GNSO Council chair

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Election of GNSO Council chair
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:56:58 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Please note that my current term as GNSO Council chair, expires on 3 Dec
2006.

From:
http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/minutes-gnso-21dec05.shtml

"Decision 1: Bruce Tonkin elected as GNSO Council chair for the period 4
January 2006 to 3 December 2006."

My apologies for not remembering to check this earlier.

Given this is a week away, I am not sure how the Council would like to
handle the election.

One option would be for the Council to appoint me during a Council
meeting in Sao Paulo as an interim chair for a week, while we go through
the formal process of calling for nominations etc.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Bruce Tonkin