[council] RE: Verisign IDN TLDs

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <mscade@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RE: Verisign IDN TLDs
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:50:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure whether I can post to the Council list or not so I am including
Bret and Marilyn because they specifically sent me messages on this issue and
give them permission to forward this on if it does not go to the full Council
list.  Also, let me apologize for the delay of my response.  As you have
possibly already learned:

VeriSign is not operating an internationalized top level domain name
(TLD)registry or registrar. The service offered by the Digital Brand Management
Service (DBMS) business unit of VeriSign, Chinese internationalized TLD domain
name registrations, is offered by CNNIC, the registry operator for the .cn TLD.
VeriSign’s DBMS business unit is offering such registrations as a provider of
brand and identity management services across the globe.

Chuck Gomes
VeriSign Information Services