[council] Fwd: [alac] VeriSign offering Chinese IDN-TLDs?

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: [alac] VeriSign offering Chinese IDN-TLDs?
  • From: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:07:59 -0700
  • Cc: "Charles (Chuck) A. Gomes" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An explanation from Verisign's Pat Kane on the Chinese TLD issue. The company is reselling CNNIC offerings, not operating as a registry. I withdraw my request that this be placed on the agenda for an upcoming council meeting.

           Bret

P.S. An ALAC thread on this issue can be read here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/alac/thrd41.html#02399

Begin forwarded message:
----- Forwarded message from "Kane, Pat" <pkane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> -----