RE: [council] Nominet consultation paper on IDN's

  • To: <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Nominet consultation paper on IDN's
  • From: <tony.ar.holmes@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:30:31 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce
I also support Marilyn's proposal for cross SO consultation, and sooner
rather than later. Most people are probably already aware that the ITU
(SG17) are already starting work on IDNs, fuelled by recent input from
the Polish Registry. The nature and scope of that work is still under
discussion, but if we don't get to grips with the related policy work on
IDNs in ICANN, it's more than likely it will quickly spill over into
this activity.

That wouldn't be helpful on any front!

Regards

Tony