[council] Annoucement regarding ICANN's Vice President for Policy Support, Paul Verhoef

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Annoucement regarding ICANN's Vice President for Policy Support, Paul Verhoef
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:13:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members:

It is with mixed emotions that I point you to the following announcement
(http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-07jun05.htm) regarding Paul
Verhoef. I am sad that the ICANN community, particularly the GNSO, will be
losing Paul as an important resource. Although I am happy that the European
Commission has tapped Paul for the post of head of unit for Project
'Galileo' and Intelligent Transport in the Directorate General for Energy
and Transport. Having worked with the US GPS system during my previous
engineering endeavors, this project is a tremendous opportunity for Paul and
I am sure the entire council wish him well in this new endeavor.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage