TR: [council] ICANN Rome Schedule

  • To: "council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: TR: [council] ICANN Rome Schedule
  • From: "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:19:21 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by the GNSO Secretariat on behalf of Michael D. Palage.

Michael D. Palage  mercredi 4 février 2004 09:07  Michael D. Palage wrote:

Grant:

I feel your pain. ICANN should be posting a preliminary schedule shortly on
the website. However, I have been able to piece together the following tea
leaves  which are by no means definitive.

Monday - the Board Committee meetings are schedules - not aware of any other
public events.

Tuesday - Constituency meeting day

Wednesday - PDP Day and NC meeting

Thu - Afternoon public forum (no idea of specific topics yet)

Friday - Morning public forum (no idea of specific topics yet)

Saturday - Morning Board meeting

I know that is not a lot, but that is all I have. I will speak with Kurt to
see if he could speed up posting the agenda as I know this makes things
difficult for people to plan their schedules.

Regarding the spliting of the public session, I actually was a big supporter
of this idea for the following reason. Historically, ICANN has left some of
the more hot button topics until the end of the public forum sessions. When
this happens, time is short or people are running low on energy. The idea of
splitting the public forum session is so that all issues can have an
adequate amount of discussion with people fully attentive. You have to admit
4-6 PM in the afternoon of the public forum is difficult for almost everyone
to maintain 100% focus.

I agree that a WSIS briefing would be productive, however, I would submit
that this briefing should be given to the entire community not just the
Council.

Scheduled to speak with Alex on Thu, hopefully we can get an update from
ICANN at that time.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage