[council] NCUC statement on Approval Process for Registry Services
- To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] NCUC statement on Approval Process for Registry Services
- From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:47:31 +0100
- References: <20040114122448.X43999email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
a lot of consumer protection is of course content related and ICANN has no role
to play in content regulation. However, ICANN does have a role in areas related
to consumer/user welfare such as:
- the avoidance of deceptive domain names,
- ability to re-delegate a TLD to a new registry in the event of registry
- avoiding unfair and uncompetitive practices on the supply side.
That list is quite enough for now I suspect!