[council] WHOIS TF 1: Question to GNSO Council regarding timelines

  • To: "council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] WHOIS TF 1: Question to GNSO Council regarding timelines
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:49:15 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I support the proposal to extend the timeline for the PDP of WHOIS TF1 but the
steps on the described TF1 timetable do not agree with the PDP. As someone
involved in the drafting of the PDP text our understanding was that its
timelines were guidelines that may need to be adapted by intelligent users. But
its steps should be followed.
.
It is worth pointing out that the PDP article 7e tells us that the TF has 50
days (40+5+5)  to get a report out for public comment. There is then 20+10 = 30
days to get a final report to Council. The total time = 80 days.
.
(It would be useful if the GNSO secretariat were to keep a record of each
ACTUAL timeline of all PDPs, so that we can include the PDP deadlines in the
GNSO review later this year. If we then need to change the deadlines, we can do
so).

Philip

Find the PDP at
http://www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-26jun03.htm#AnnexA