RE: [council] New GNSO Council Reps

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] New GNSO Council Reps
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:56:15 +1000
  • Cc: <Council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, <secretary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Jeff,

> In accordance with the current By-laws, the gTLD Registries
> Constituency has elected the following people to serve as the
> gTLD Representatives on the new GNSO Council after the
> meeting in Carthage:
>
> Cary Karp (Europe)
> Ken Stubbs (North America)
>
> If there is a third rep, our rep will be Jordyn Buchanan
> (Asia-Pacific).

Thanks for notifying the council of your election results.

Please also note that the results must be notified to the "ICANN
Secretary"
As per http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#XX
Article XX, Section 5, clause 8:
".... shall provide the ICANN Secretary written notice of its
selections. Each constituency shall designate one of those
representatives to serve a one-year term, and one to serve a two
year-term. Each successor to those representatives shall serve a
two-year term.

You will need to identify which of the elected candidates will serve a 2
year term, and which a 1 year term.

I believe that Dan Halloran is presently the Acting Secretary for ICANN:
halloran@xxxxxxxxx

I assume secretary@xxxxxxxxx probably works also.

Regards,
Bruce