ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[whois-sc]

[whois-sc] WHOIS Steering Committee teleconference 7/8 August 2003

  • To: <whois-sc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [whois-sc] WHOIS Steering Committee teleconference 7/8 August 2003
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:43:01 +1000
  • Sender: owner-whois-sc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

I have attempted to contact the following possible chairs for the WHOIS
Privacy Steering Group:
- Mike Roberts
- Paul Kane
- Scott Bradner

I have not received a reply from either Paul Kane or Scott Bradner.

I have received a reply from Mike Roberts, and he is not available.

Rather than wait any longer, I think it is time we started the work of
the WHOIS Privacy Steering Group.

I have scheduled a teleconference for next week.

7am Melbourne, Australia (8 August)
5pm, Washington, DC, USA (7 August)
2pm, California, USA (7 August)
10pm, London, UK     (7 August)

The call in details are:
Dial in: +1-702-835-5000
Access code: 57334

I will act as interim chair on behalf of the GNSO until we find a
replacement.

The agenda will be:

(1) Update on selection of Chair

(2) Update on WHOIS policy coordination with other related groups in
ICANN (GAC, ASO, IAB, ALAC, etc) chaired by Paul Twomey

(3) Review objectives and terms of reference for the WHOIS Privacy
Steering Group

(4) Review of Staff Manager's report on WHOIS Privacy

(5) Initial discussion on possible task forces related to WHOIS Privacy
and terms of reference for those task forces

(6) Next steps

Prior to the teleconference it would be useful if members of the
Steering Group posted some ideas regarding task force objectives and
terms of reference to initiate the discussion.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin