ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

tf2-sg2

Re: [tf2-sg2] Proxy services overview

On 2004-03-29 16:10:35 -0600, Tim Ruiz wrote:

> At the very least, remove the paragraph that starts with "There
> is anecdotal evidence about Go Daddy's practices from the
> re-code.com incident..." and the associated links (including
> Wendy's blog link) UNLESS you make a specific attempt to contact
> Domains by Proxy, Inc. to respond AND include that response,
> whatever it is, in full in this report.

Referencing one side and including the other side's response
verbatim isn't precisely balanced...  I'd suggest we move the
incident outside the actual table, with language like this:

	There is little anecdotal evidence available on actual
	experiences made with proxy and similar services.  One
	incident which has received some attention is the
	<a>re-code.com</a> incident.  The domain name had been
	registered using Domains By Proxy; pseudonymity of the
	registrant was lifted upon receipt of a <a>cease and desist
	letter</a> from Wal-Mart. <a>Discussion in Wendy Seltzer's
	from Domains By Proxy</a>.

"response from Domains By Proxy" would be a link to a statement from
domains by proxy.  (If the statement of the basic facts isn't
accurate, then that can and should of course be fixed in the main
document.)

> BTW, it is DBP practices you are referring to here, not Go
> Daddy's.

Noted.  Apologies.

> It is DBP's response that you need if you are going to insist on
> including the referenced incident.

Can I leave it to you to quickly get that response?

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler  <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/