[registrars] Dubai Regional Meeting Needs Registrar Volunteers

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Dubai Regional Meeting Needs Registrar Volunteers
  • From: Tim Cole <Tim.Cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:57:43 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Registrars,

Last week ICANN announced it will hold a Regional Meeting in Dubai 1-3 April 2008 and I am hoping to interest some ICANN accredited registrars to attend.  (Not to be confused with the Regional Registry/Registrar Gatherings; this event is an outreach event designed to improve awareness of ICANN and the gTLD marketplace.)  The announcement is online at http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-21feb08.htm.  Also online is the meeting agenda at http://public.icann.org/dubai08.

I would like to draw your attention specifically to "Day 3: gTLD Experiences and Market Trends."  It is our plan to have panel discussions on both registry and registrar issues of interest that may help attendees better understand the potential business opportunities available to them.  Several registries have decided to send representatives for a registry panel and we are hoping that a handful of registrars will also be interested in participating on a registrar panel.  While I realize time is short and cost considerations for travel to Dubai may be considerable, it would be great if two or three registrars could find a way to participate.

If you think you might be able to attend, please let me know in the next week so we can plan the agenda accordingly.

As always, please contact me with any questions.

Regards,

Tim Cole
Chief Registrar Liaison