RE: [registrars] Discussion of Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement [Tim Ruiz's motion].

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Discussion of Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement [Tim Ruiz's motion].
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:35:48 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:22 AM 11/14/2007 Wednesday  -0700, Tim Ruiz wrote:
>Bob, you need one endorsement. I don't feel comfortable endorsing a motion that I will be taking as unfriendly.

Dear Tim:  I can understand that.  I was uncomfortable when I realized that I had endorsed your modified motion, I had not realized (at that moment) that removing the reference to a vote (with "X" number of members voting) had left us with a text which referenced a lack of Supermajority when no vote was anticipated by your amended motion.

I am equally uncomfortable being "unfriendly" with you and your well crafted motions.  It is the lack of backup of a plebiscite of our members which I find unstasteful, friend.

Cordially, BobC