RE: [registrars] Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement

  • To: Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:52:58 -0700
  • Cc: Eric Brunner-Williams <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jay. Actually, by posting the motion I guess I was volunteering.
What we need is a position statement more or less. We've discussed over
and over among ourselves, had two ICANN workshops, and the GNSO ad hoc
WG on it. I don't think any more discussion or debate is going to change
any of our views.

So that's why I proposed the statement. And I'm pretty open to
amendments. I just want it to represent our views accurately. It has two
seconds, just needs one more and we can be in the formal 14 day
discussion window. Can I take your comment below as a second?

Tim