Re: [registrars] Registrar Constituency Agenda -- LA Meeting

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Registrar Constituency Agenda -- LA Meeting
  • From: "DotAlliance" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:41:21 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hopefully I am listed without issue this time on the RCA?

I recently received a very helpful call from Patrick Klass who works in cooperation with
phishtank.coma
Phistank.com is a free volunteer organisation and their efforts are to be applauded

He identified two phishing sites using our registrar and with that criteria I was able to identify and delete some 25 such domains within the 5 day delete period!
However, his problem is that he cannot contact most registrars and or ISPs to warn them.
Emails and phone calls are often a waste of time as the right person is not contacted.
Specifically he mentioned problems in contacting Google and register.com.
I am certain that all of us are most pleased to receive such information as we all hate phishers and the transaction is almost certainly fraudulent.

To this end I would like to submit a request to other registrars asking for contact information (phone and/or email) which would lead to timely response and closure of phishing site.
I would like to pass around a contact sheet in LA however please feel free to email me!
I will then pass this information only to responsible people and organisations working to remove phishing.
Hopefully this is satisfactory to everyone or if someone has a better idea?

Best,
Helen
Dotalliance Inc.
www.dotalliance.com