[registrars] FW: Fires in Southern California

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] FW: Fires in Southern California
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:45:45 -0400
  • Cc: "Tim Cole" <tim.cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FYI

________________________________

From: Tim Cole [mailto:tim.cole@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:57 PM
To: Nevett, Jonathon
Subject: RE: Fires in Southern California

Jon,

Please share with the registrars the following synopsis prepared for
folks traveling to the ICANN meeting in LA who may be concerned about
the fire situation.

There are currently 15 different fires burning in Southern California
- the closest one to the office is in Malibu, over 15 miles up the coast
road.  The other fires are all outlying to Los Angeles proper and
therefore
more than 30 miles from the meeting venue.  The worst of the fires in
terms
of human impact are in San Diego County.  The air quality is worse than
normal if you are outside and it is very hot.  The "good" news is that
they
are predicting less wind and more humidity over the next several days -
by
the end of the week our weather is predicted to return to normal and if
that
happens, the firefighters will have a better chance of getting the fires
contained.  In the meantime, the staff who live in the areas most
affected
are monitoring the situation and we hope that we won't have any further
evacuations.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who the fires
have
affected.  Here in the office we have had incredible red sunsets.

Tim Cole
Chief Registrar Liaison
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers