[registrars] New funding model for ICANN

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] New funding model for ICANN
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 02:07:31 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

In the meeting with ICANN at Vancouver, we discussed that we should come up
with a funding model for ICANN that provides accountability and is
efficient. The current one has inefficiencies in terms of its approval
process. I am forming a workgroup of people who will within the next 2-3
weeks come up with some broad suggested model(s) which are different from
the current one.

Ross Rader and Bruce Tonkin will be co-chairing this workgroup and will be
responsible for preparing a final document, which will be presented to the
ICANN Board.

Can interested parties who wish to join this workgroup please raise their
hands :). I would definitely want the following people to join this
workgroup so I am going to assume you are a part of it unless I hear
otherwise -

Rob Hall
Jordyn
Jon Nevett

Anyone else who wishes to join please ping me/the list. This workgroup will
begin before the end of this week

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO