RE: [registrars] Add Grace Deletions abuse: Holding a workshop at Luxembourg

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Add Grace Deletions abuse: Holding a workshop at Luxembourg
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:59:53 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Bhavin,

I suggest we have two separate sessions:

(1) Approaches to add-grace period

(2) New domain name product models

The second session allows for members of the registrar constituency to
present possible new domain name models that address emerging parts of
the domain name market - including the rise of product/service bundling
(e.g hosting packages), and the rise of the Pay-Per-Click market.   Note
that with respect to these models - we don't need to discuss specific
registry pricing, but we can certainly discuss pricing models that may
benefit various customer segments.      Any new models would of course
be available to all registrars, in addition to the current model.  An
example of a very simple price model could be to have the registry fee
reduce with multiple year registrations, to encourage longer periods of
registration (e.g x for the first year, 0.9x for the second year, etc).

I see the first session being about refining the current one-size
fits-all model.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin