RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee

  • To: "'Robert F. Connelly'" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee
  • From: "Donny Simonton" <donny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:49:23 -0500
  • Cc: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Nevett, Jonathon'" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jay Westerdal'" <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,
I completely agree with you.  But I think 99% of us know that if we
registered 100,000 domains and we deleted 999,500 of them, we would be
waiting for somebody to call and ask us what the problem is.  This
registrar, I guess has decided that they are not worried about Verisign or
ICANN stepping in and telling them anything.

I'm sure we will hear more about this during this week.  And see what
Verisign has to say about this new means of acquiring domain names.

Donny