RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee

  • To: "Donny Simonton" <donny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:27:24 -0700
  • Cc: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Nevett, Jonathon'" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jay Westerdal'" <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 06:21 PM 6/5/05, Donny Simonton wrote:
Personally, I'm not saying I'm for the practice or against it.  But if it's
allowed I think this will be worse than the 2pm EST drop.  Each registrar
will have over a million domains and only keep the ones that make money.  Oh
wait, don't I remember reading something that says that domain registrars
are not supposed to own domains.

Dear Jon and Donny: speaking personally, I'd not object to paying two bits for the right to delete a domain registered to test or a typographical error. Regard, BobC