[registrars] UPDATE: Taskforce for New RAA Discussions

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] UPDATE: Taskforce for New RAA Discussions
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:43:25 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Pardon me if I wasn't clear enough. I wish to setup a taskforce and not a
new constituency ;)

As of right now we have the following volunteers

Jay Westerdal
Tim Ruiz
Rob Hall
Bruce Tonkin
Jonathon Nevett
Ross Rader
Monte Cahn
Paul Stahura
John Berryhill
Jordyn Buchannan
Margie Milam
Melanie Holloway
Thomas Keller
Bhavin Turakhia

Here is what I propose -

The ex-com will have a discussion and choose a subset of these people who we
believe represent enough of a diversity to ensure that interests of everyone
are considered. Those of you who are left out can thank me later :)

I would like to point out that this is not an opportunity to drastically
modify the RAA to incorporate our secret wish-lists. The intention is more
to ensure that modifications that ICANN discusses with us are appropriate
and appropriately worded and at the same time if there are 2-3 modifications
which we would like to see then we can propose those

Here is the schedule I suggest

* Listen in closely at Argentina to aspects ICANN brings up

* Prepare a list of a few mods that we ourselves want to see. For instance
some suggestions that came up were to do with ADD GRACE abuse, international
issues etc

* Meanwhile after argentina we will setup this task force which will
deliberate on these aspects and come up with a point form of ideas which we
can then discuss in the constituency

Will update all of you

Thanks
bhavin