Re: [registrars] .net thick/thin discussion

I agree with Marcus.
I like thick registries, whois is easier to manage and having most of the TLD (.biz, .info, .name, .org) being thick today, I wish I could have all my system as much consistent as possible.
Less code to maintain = less cost.
JM

Marcus Faure wrote:

Hello,

I personally think that this will cause a lot of confusion and support for the
registrars. One of the reasons I support thick is that we have so many
broken whois servers out there. A thin approach will not cure this.

Yours,
Marcus

Thanks Marcus.

I agree that the registrars constituency does not seem to have a
consensus position on this topic.

My view is that a registry operator can technically operate a thick and
thin model in parallel, and the choice should be made available to
registrars according to their business model and technical resources.

Regards,
Bruce