Re: [registrars] .net thick/thin discussion

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] .net thick/thin discussion
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:12:38 +0000
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx, brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce,

I agree that a registry operator can technically operate a thick and
thin model in parallel, and the choice can be made available to
registrars according to their business model and technical resources.

Jean-Michel,

I agree that less code to maintain = less cost. I think that registrar
selection between two registry-offered models can meet that goal.

Eric