Re: [registrars] RE: Appeal to ICANN Finance committee to modify ICANN Budget proposal

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: Appeal to ICANN Finance committee to modify ICANN Budget proposal
  • From: Jean-Michel Becar <jmbecar@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:33:53 +0900
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I reread again and again the document and talking with my colleagues we realized that the real problem is not how to finance...the real problem is the budget itself....100% increase and the biggest part of the increase is paid by the registars :-(

ICANN wants to increase its budget of almost U$8M and us, registrars we will pay U$6.4M of the increase....is it fair????

So I think we should try to find a way to make this budget revised to a lower level:

Does ICANN really needs 59 people to operate?
Does ICANN really needs more than US$2M for Board Meetings and Other travels? (I'm able to travel to each ICANN meeting for US$4000 ~ 5000 and I'm living in the most expensive country for the flight tickets) Why ICANN should be involved in the IDN promotion shoudn't be the registries?

Jean-Michel

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed that many of you have responded on the registrars list. Tom,
Patricio etc I would urge you to also send in your responses to the budget
public discussion forum, since those are the comments that will be used to
whet this. So I would suggest to mark a copy to budget-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman