RE: [registrars] ICANN Budget

  • To: "Rick Wesson" <wessorh@xxxxxx>, "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN Budget
  • From: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:09:50 -0400
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rick,

I think you are misintrupretting some things.

The budget committee did not agree upon anything, least of all the increased
fees.  We were given the budget a week ago, and told this was it.  While
some minor things were modified after discussion, the level of the budget,
and the fees, were not, even after much protestation.

One of our goals was to move to a transaction based fee, and this was
accomplished.  However, I am not sure the BAC can take credit for it, as it
was one of the main things discussed in Tunisia and Rome with ICANN staff
and Paul.

Rob.