RE: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment
  • From: "Jay Westerdal" <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:20:48 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ICANN should stop making new contracts or renewing contracts for Registries
based on cost per year. Registries should have to pay their fair share, I
would say a Registry should pay 65% of the cost on gTLDs and Registrars
should pay 35%. VeriSign can literally sue ICANN all it wants and make its
15% investment in NetSol that much more valuable by driving out all the
smaller registrars.

It is about time Registries pay there fair share. I know the position is,
Registrars have more power if we are the ones funding ICANN. But to be
honest, we don't have any power. I think Registries have the power.

Jay Westerdal
Name Intelligence, Inc.
http://www.nameintelligence.com