Re: [registrars] Domain renewal spamming

  • To: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Domain renewal spamming
  • From: Larry Erlich <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:57:17 -0500
  • Cc: "'Christopher Kruk'" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul Stahura wrote:

> Has anyone heard DROA is actually Osama Bin Laden?
>
> Chris, why don't you send the email you speak of to the list?
> We should all be aware of it, or are you just creating one of
> the many urban legends surrounding DROA?
>
> Regardless, in case you do not already know the following fact
> (I know some registrars do):
>
> DROA is not using eNom to perform transfers.

Paul, they are still referring to you
in their registration agreement:

https://www.droa.com/regpol.asp

"This Registration Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and
conditions of your use of this domain name registration service to
register an Internet domain name, your registration of that domain name,
as well as other domain name related services. In this Agreement "you"
and "your" refer to each customer and "we", "us" and "our" refer to
eNom, Inc. (?Registrar?), the ICANN accredited Registrar and DRoA,
through which the services are being offered. This Agreement"

<cut>

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com