Re: [registrars] Domain renewal spamming

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Domain renewal spamming
  • From: Larry Erlich <erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:27:19 -0500
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

> > The Domain Registry of America ...
>
> Looks like its that time of year. I came home and found one of their posts
> waiting for me.
>
> This is one example of the kind of fraud we could significantly reduce.
>
> Anyone from ENOM want to claim DROA isn't on the wrong side of the ethical
> practices line?
>
> Eric

There is more to this story. As you can imagine,
because of the similar name,
we get a fair amount of calls from people that
want their $85 or $25 refunded for a transfer that
doesn't go through. It seems that they immediately charge
a credit card upon placing the order and only refund
money if specifically asked and after a waiting period. At
least this is what I am told by their "customers".

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com

Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.
215-244-6700 - FAX:215-244-6605 - Reply: erlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx