[registrars] Acceptance of Nomination

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] Acceptance of Nomination
  • From: "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:11:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I have decided to accept the nomination to stand for the GNSO Council. Thank you for considering me for this important position. I believe that there is still a lot of work for Registrars to do to within ICANN. This will be an excellent opportunity for us to continue the work of the past few years and ensure that ICANN continues to deal with our agenda. I accept this nomination with the full support of Tucows and therefore if I am elected, I will be able to fully participate in the business of the council as required.

Conflicts Declaration
I am the Director of Research and Innovation for Tucows Inc., an ICANN accredited registrar and internet service vendor. Tucows has roughly an 8% shareholding in Afilias. Neither Tucows nor I is in possession of, nor do we have access to Registry Sensitive or Registry Proprietary information as defined by any relevant registry operating contracts. Tucows provides consulting and hosting services to other registrars. I am not an officer, director, consultant, or employee with any of these registrar partners nor am I specifically involved in providing these services to these registrars. If there are any questions about this acceptance or my declaration, please feel free to send me a note.

Thanks again,

                      -rwr

"Around computers it is difficult to find the correct unit of time to measure progress. Some cathedrals took a century to complete. Can you imagine the grandeur and scope of a program that would take as long?" - Unknown

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com/