ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] GNSO toolkit

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] GNSO toolkit
  • From: "tony holmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:57:53 -0000
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1322150273; bh=7UvKxyDSsV5cYqqIUrUP5AdlTk5W06Hmp7f0chke228=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=Apa7FojZvS3TLh9lzc2RDaqqgF6Ft6m4kjyU4UG5WtWqsNUqU7J+9tRbpkj6bzo/LDnfI+V1SzNV2nk1Ytcqyt1G8gIP1Wc+voi+aoswB+2QaZ1ccjc4GMJivCNBExhUNmV3LKw09bAuZmYqgZ6JJj6urLRMcQaIbG7Qxve58ZE=
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=sD55F4p9k3/DNGR7okBNWkBA+TgPUTTHQecscnxP+dV7KzmbSm24u7eDgC+VLiAz/eze0rzZQJAvH7vDZTB2fzAEo4FhAjshDmGPQeQ3KJiIb9kyanvcrY+LJmVf2RJ8SUAGITZKuOdGsnVlr71noHhE8rAxoU/YR1lngU2/b+M= ;
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear ISPCP members

Below is a draft of the email I propose to send to Rob Hoggarth in response
to the action point I was given during our recent conference call. It
explains the ISPCP approach to the provision of the GNSO toolkit, following
the discussion we had with Rob in Dakar and our last conference call.

Please let me have any comments or amendments by c.o.p 29th December. I will
then submit the final version to Rob.

Thank You

Tony

Dear Rob

The ISPCP Constituency very much appreciated the opportunity to discuss our
requirements from the GNSO toolkit with you during the Dakar meeting. We
have since held an ISPCP conference call reflecting on those discussions and
consider it would be helpful to forward a brief note summarising the current
situation and our requirements.

The ISPCP greatly appreciate the work undertaken within the GNSO and by
staff which has resulted in the establishment of the toolkit. When fully
available its comprehensive menu should ensure all involved parties have the
ability to participate in the policy development process and represent their
stakeholder groups in an effective and efficient manner. As recognised
during our discussions we have not quite reached that stage, but we are all
aware that the level of commitment required from volunteer members who form
ICANNs GNSO Constituencies has greatly increased, along with the scope and
pace of policy development. Handling that situation in an environment where
participation has to be carefully weighed against other demands placed on
participants by the organisations they represent is in itself, a
considerable challenge.

Against that background the ISPCP and other Constituencies have already
benefitted from using some elements of the toolkit. In particular the ISPCP
have been very appreciative of the support given to organising its meetings,
organising conference calls and assistance in conducting elections for
Constituency officers.

However as discussed in Dakar some of the elements that would make a
considerable difference to our Constituency are not readily available, in
particular, Constituency web site hosting and content maintenance and the
provision of grants/funding for constituencies to assist us in providing
their own support. We are also aware that no firm timeline currently exists
for the provision of those tools. On that basis the ISPCP would like to
request that a budget allocation is made available to assist in bridging
that gap. It is accepted that any funds made available should only be used
for the specified purpose and meet in full the requirements for
transparency, accountability and audit control.

Because if the budget implications this email has also been copied to Xavier
Calvez Chief Financial officer.

Submitted on behalf of the ISPCP Constituency

Tony Holmes

ISPCP Chairman