Re: [ga] GNSO Council: Ignoring the public, again

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GNSO Council: Ignoring the public, again
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the more likely to get heard concept lies in putting forth comments from a collective standpoint. Instead of just posting a comment post it here and ask for input and then we send it out as you the author endorsed by the GA.

  Just as an out there thought I wonder couldn't the GA apply for and get granted the job on this RFP;

ICANN

<http://www.icann.org/>

News Alert

<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-06sep07.htm>

________________________________

ICANN Solicits Candidates to Develop Request for Proposals for New
 gTLDs

ICANN is posting this statement of work as part of its anticipated
 program for delegation of new generic top-level domains. ICANN is seeking
 to engage a provider to develop in detail important portions of the new
 gTLD evaluation process. That is, the selected provider will develop
 the new gTLD request for proposals (RFP) process and document. This will
 become the process that applicants for new gTLDs will follow and that
 will describe the evaluation process of those applications.

The statement of work may be viewed here
 <http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-gtld-sow-06sep07.htm>.

Candidate providers are requested to:

* submit a statement of interest by 21 September 2007,
* submit a proposal no later than 8 October 2007 that is responsive to
 the statement of work and includes proposed scope, schedule and pricing
 terms.

Statements of interest and proposals should be submitted via email to
 Craig Schwartz at rfpgtlds@xxxxxxxxxx Statements of interest and
 proposals will be acknowledged by return email.

ICANN will post answers to questions received regarding the statement
 of work through 28 September 2007, at
 <http://www.icann.org/tlds/new-gtld-sow-questions-06sep07.htm>.

________________________________

sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  > There is this weird mind set in ICANN that allowing the public to post
> text is a some kind of open or transparent behaviour. That mind set
> tends to forget that such material must be considered, and not just
> considered in a minor way at the end of the process, but rather as the
> primary and dominant input of the entire decision making process.

No kidding! And here I was thinking we were actually participating in the
ICANN process...

Perhaps we should just boycott ICANN? What if those of us who have been
here since the inception of ICANN just unsubscribed on the same day and
sent out a press release to that effect with our names attached?

Sotiris

Got a little couch potato?