Re: [ga] primary objectives of the General Assembly mailing list

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] primary objectives of the General Assembly mailing list
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:03:02 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debbie and all,

  First and again, lets try to keep those CC's trimmed ok Debbie?
I trimmed them for the 12th time for you again here.

  Second, I agree as well.  Now the ? remains, how are the
"views of the membership" to be determined?  Rough consensus,
or by majority vote?  I say, majority vote.

Debbie Garside wrote:

> Danny wrote:
>
> > As such, I would change the wording to read "to ascertain and
> > transmit the views of the membership".
>
> I think that is a well reasoned change to make.  Very often when conducting
> market research, the opinions one is after are not necessarily those of the
> majority.  To present both sides and their rationales could be very helpful
> to ICANN and the associated bodies in formulating policy changes that take
> into account the views and concerns of all.  I am for this change and unless
> I hear to the contrary, I will incorporate it within the next version.
>
> > Please note that as some list participants are articulating
> > the views of special-interest communities (this is a
> > cross-constituency platform), the output of this body cannot
> > necessarily be viewed as the "views of the ordinary citizen".
>
> One thing I am trying to get across in these rules, and this is something
> that I think is most important to allow freedom for participation, is that
> the people participating are individuals and, unless otherwise stated (as is
> the case with our current Chair posting as himself or as Chair); their
> comments and opinions are their own and not necessarily those of the
> organizations that they generally represent.  This gives each individual the
> right to express an individual opinion whether they be Board member, Chair
> or any other related position.  Thus when I post it is as me, myself and I
> and not as MD of this company, CEO of that, Board Member of this or that or
> the other.
>
> Comments and wording on this would be most welcome - assuming you agree.
>
> Best
>
> Debbie

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827