RE: [ga] VeriSign & Korean IDN.com issues

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] VeriSign & Korean IDN.com issues
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: nick.ashton-hart@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The GA does not appear to have ever had a limiting mandate. Mission Creep would be a idealogical and practical consideration. I suppose we could "lobby" Korea. (all lobbying laws aside of course)

  I would be very interested to here what Mr. Ashton-Hart has to say on this, and what his at-large position is regarding IDNs.

  Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Debbie,

My own view is that such action (lobbying VeriSign) is
not properly within the remit of the GA (although I am
amenable to being persuaded otherwise).

I would think that this should be an activity entered
into by the APRALO (that met today in Hong Kong). We
can ask ICANN Staffer Nick Ashton-Hart whether the
topic made it into the discussions of those NGOs that
are pretending to be the asian at-large community...

regards,
Danny

http://public.icann.org/forums/public-forum#comment-321

http://tv.yahoo.com/