RE: [ga] VeriSign & Korean IDN.com issues

  • To: <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] VeriSign & Korean IDN.com issues
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:29:45 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Danny

Is there any mileage in the GA lobbying Verisign (and perhaps ICANN -
albeit, as I understand, not within their remit) on behalf of the hangul IDN
user community to reinstate the services required?

Perhaps, as a gesture of goodwill, Verisign could reinstate said services.
Looking at where we are today in the IDN discussions,  I think it is bad
form if users have adopted an IDN service only to then find the service
revoked or partially unavailable.  Not that I can truly understand the
technicalities of it all but I do think this is just the sort of thing the
GA should establish a consensus opinion on and project it to the various
concerned parties.

Best

Debbie