Re: [ga] GA list and the GNSO council

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GA list and the GNSO council
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 00:58:40 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Avri and all,

  Thank you for chiming in Avri.  I believe with some errant
distractions from George, we all here have been diligently
discussing GNSO and ICANN policy issues.  In that regard,
I would like to ask you kindly as the new GNSO chair if
it would be possible to open up posting by anyone to the
GNSO council's eMail address, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
In the sprit of openness and transparency, this would be
appropriate as well as in abiding by ICANN's bylaws.

Thank you for your consideration in this request, and again
thank you for chiming in.  >:)

Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been diligently reading this list for a while now and have
> noticed the recent invocations of the GNSO council as being
> responsible for this list.
>
> As the new chair of the GNSO council, I must admit I am not up on the
> council's responsibilities vis a vis the GA list, but will look into
> it and will get back to the list when i understand what our
> responsibilities are in this regard.
>
> In the meantime, if it is at all possible I would like to beg, as a
> list member, people to take up the challenge Danny, I think it was,
> sent and ask you all to start discussing issues related to the GSNO
> and ICANN policy.  As a nomcom appointed council member I have always
> valued the contentful discussions I have read on this list.  It is a
> wonderful vehicle for real input and lots of people do seem to read
> the list.
>
> thanks
> a.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827