Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 05:19:39 -0700
  • Cc: "\"Dave \\\"The Crock\\\" Crocker\"" <dcrocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto and all,

  Your asking the wrong ?  Sotiris is not suggesting pulling the plug
on either .IQ or redeligating it, nor pulling the plug on .HT.  I
believe he is suggesting as am I that. .IQ is mismanaged, and .HT
should not have been allocated in the first place, which I also
agree with given Scotland was denied for reasons that are
strictly of a political nature.

The solution is redelegate .IQ, and allocate what ever ccTLD
Scotland desires as a designator that is reasonable discriptive
or recognizable and not already used or confusing.

And no I have not spoken with *this* pope yet and never said
I have.  We do have business relations with the Vatican however
and I get someof my information as a result of that relationship.  So do
you now have everything straight?

Your propensity to misstate what others have said is well known and
remembered, as is your propensity to twist what others have stated.
This has earned you the ire of many here whom have been around
for awhile.  So maybe you have Debbie a newbie fooled, maybe not,
but you certainly don't have any of us seasoned folks fooled.  Kent,
Veni, and Dave Crocker also had and have these errant propensities.
Such behavior serves no good purpose.

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Sotiris,
>
> What exactly do you think has been done wrong in the redelegation of .IQ?
> And what exact rule has been violated in that case?
> I am not aware of any case in which IANA has *unilaterally* pulled the plug
> from a ccTLD, the way you were suggesting doing for .HT, but if you think
> the contrary, please provide a concrete case.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827