RE: List rules, was:[ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hugh Dierker'" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: List rules, was:[ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:20:49 +0100
  • Cc: "'General Assembly of the DNSO'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jeff

Within other forums that I frequent we generally do not have a vote.  Rather
the Chair of the list ascertains consensus on an issue from those who post
on the topic.  I cannot see why the GA list cannot do the same.  Not all
people wish to be identified and not all wish to be vocal.  However, if they
are subscribed to the list and they see that consensus is going against
their views they will, most likely, say something and thus form part of the
process.  If they say nothing they obviously do not feel it is of importance
to them or do not understand the topic well enough to form an opinion.  I
don't see how having the list of email addresses will change this.

Best regards

Debbie