Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

> Quoting sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday July 01, 2007:
> |
> | Well, if the NIC doesn't have a web site, I would hardly call the .IQ
> | ccTLD functional.
>
> The .IQ registry is functional in the sense that if registrants contact
> them, they provide registration services. Your definition seems novel.

To all intents and purposes, the .IQ ccTLD might as well be considered as
non-functional.  After all, it took several days to get your response on
this list.  What about the average user?  How would an average Iraqi user
interested in obtaining an .IQ domain go about finding out how to do so?
For that matter, how would someone interested in protecting IP interests
be able to verify that their trademark was not being misused in the .IQ
ccTLD?

> |  Show me some .iq domains that are actually resolving then.
>
> $ dig +short bm.gov.iq
> 72.29.87.222
> $ dig +short itp.gov.iq
> 66.7.194.228