RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 02:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Sotiris wrote:
>
>> If the Internet's DNS root system was controlled by the
>> government of Haiti, there wouldn't be a whole lot I could
>> say, would there?
>
> Exactly.  Yet you wish to display that behaviour to others?

I am not displaying any such thing to anybody.  I was merely pointing out
to you the state of affairs as they are and NOT as any one of us would
like them to be, and furthermore, I was constructively criticizing what I
viewed as a politically motivated set of circumstances that involved ICANN
policy.  Nothing more and nothing less, make of that what you will.

> I think you have misunderstood what I have been saying.  America is not my
> enemy.  I just used examples.

As a native English speaker, I have more than a passing familiarity with
the English language, so it is not often that I misunderstand the meaning
of statements in English unless they are made by non-native English
tyros... However, let's just leave it at my statement above and have done
with it.  My point is more than satisfactorily made so I have nothing more
to say on this matter.  :-)

Sotiris