RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:47:48 +0100
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotoris wrote:

> In case you didn't know, he who makes the rules is not
> necessarily beholden to them...  The ICANN is a US
> organization, just ask the US Department of Commerce.

I am aware of the background to ICANN :-)

> Looks like you have a huge learning curve ahead of you Debbie.

I am learning pretty fast, but, yes, I do have a long way to go

> I am no fan of child slavery.

Neither am I, nor am I in favour of detention of juveniles without trial...
But where do we stop with this...? Why not bring in the animal rights
activists too and before you know it half the countries in the world
wouldn't have a ccTLD!

Best regards

Debbie